About TLA Deliveries
TLA Deliveries is a personal one man transportation service based in Cumbria. I can offer excellent rates compared to others for Ebay/Gumtree/Preloved items in and out of Cumbria as well as good rates in and around the North West and UK wide. As an owner/driver I provide a reliable, friendly & fully insured door-to-door service with no third parties used. Available to private individuals and dealers, please see the 'services' page for details.
- Nationwide deliveries from as south as Bristol and Essex to as north as Inverness
- Same day delivery (by prior agreement)
- Dealer and Trade deals - Collection and delivery to and from auction houses individual items or full loads, please email for quotes
- LDV Maxus with tail lift: 3m length, 1.95m height, 1450kg payload
- My Van is always well maintained, fully licensed & insured
- Insurance documents available on request
- All items blanket wrapped and strapped in
- Specialise in antiques, collectables & furniture
- Experience and training in longcase clocks, taxidermy and fragile goods
- Also transport large packages & all household or commercial items
- Competitive pricing with special rates in and out of Cumbria
- Friendly service with years of experience
- Commercial contracts welcome
- One man operation so assistance is required to load/unload large items - van has a tail lift
Sample average prices for transport:
|Cumbria to||Home Counties||£65|
Get a Quote
Tel: 07885 937498
Words of Wisdom, hints & tips from years of experience
Sofas, Suites and Large Furniture
- When buying furniture over the internet please check that the item can be removed from the property and fits into your property. DON'T just measure the space you want the piece to fit in but measure access corridors and doorways. This may sound obvious but sofas and cabinets do not bend I am forever having to leave items in garages or even on the lawn due to it not fitting past the door or hallway. Also check with the seller they can get it ready for delivery as I have turned up to collect only to find that doors have been replaced or extensions built and it doesn't come out the house anymore!
- Modern mass produced standard sofas are usually designed to fit through a standard 32" door. These are in most modern houses. Older or besoke/high end sofas can be up to 36" wide ad WILL NOT fit through a standard door. These need access through patio/french doors or a removed window.
- A standard door way is 6' 6" high a standard moderm 2 seater sofa can be up ended and swivelled through these doors. A 3 or 4 seater CANNOT.
- Tall items of furniture will need to be tilted or carried level under a standard doorway. This in turn means they require a larger turning area to go through the door. Again may appear obvious but worth checking dimensions. STAIRS
- All the same points apply even more so to stairs and bedroom furniture and they also present their own problems.
- Most antique wardrobes are designed to be dismantled for removal and installation so stairs aren't a problem. Modern bedroom furnture is designed to be bought flatpack, assembled in the bedroom and never again be moved and WON'T come down a standard stair case assembled. To move them they need to be taken apart carefully if selling/buying secondhand.
- Please check with the seller that bedroom furniture is on the ground floor ready for collection. I hope you found the above useful.